Sunday, August 2, 2009

Be the change you want to be in the world

I have been wondering these last couple of days, what is my contribution to the community and society at large? The answer I have realized is nil and it pricks me.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Thats what resounds in my mind. There are things around that rankle me. Problems with the nation and the community. Its a good idea to lay out the solution and say its easy. The tough part is implementing the idea. Walk the talk they say.

And I know, my conscience will not let me sleep. I will hedge my risks but when the time is right I will put them into action. Of course my parents and relatives take me for a loony. "You have been so brilliant and now you will waste it all for social service. It doesn't pay". This was the response I got from home. But I am stupidly stubborn.
"Sab ke baatein sun leta hoon main chup chaap magar ,
Apne dil ki karte jaana meri aadat hai."

So my aspirations always cloudy become a little more clear. I want to walk a lot of paths. I know one that I will definitely walk.

No comments: