Saturday, August 8, 2009

CAT Update

"Muzamahil ho gaye quvaa 'Ghalib',
Woh anaasir mein aitadaal kahaan"

muzamahil=lethargic, quvaa=powers, anaasiir=elements, aitadaal=moderation

Ghaalib,your powers have become lethargic,
There is no moderation in the elements.

The above is one of my favourite ghaalib sher's. It expresses so eloquently the frustration of a person who is realizing that the powers that he was proud of are vanishing.

I would wonder about my powers as a poet and a writer wondering at times if my best phas was over.

Now recently I have a new angst. I am being openly devastated in the mock-CAts. The last two papers have been the worst. And I managed a score that I had never ever got. Meaning even less than my zero attempt CAT(initial no prep).

So I am wondering now if my powers have eclipsed. Its funny how two bad performances can so thoroughly shake up the confidence.

Anyway this is my hall of shame, my repository of mock cat scores

While I do feel frustrated, I shall still try and hold onto hope. Because I have made a stand here. And I will clear the CAT and join the college I desire to, not what I manage to get. ABCL, I am still coming.

Adios

2 comments:

pi said...

what is DI? and abcl?

quant needs practice, its doable. dont worry.

verbal i think is harder.

Ashraf's Pen said...

DI is data interpretation. I think the name says it all. Basically it charts etc and now recently lot of puzzzles.

ABCL denotes the IIM names I would like to go to. Ahmedabad,Bangalore ,Calcutta, Lucknow. There are three other IIMs but they come a little down the hierarchy, so not on my desire list.

Anyway yes Quant is doable but I am having issues with the whole thing. I am like an endurance athelet who sudenly cant walk. :)

In verbal the force is still with me.