Monday, August 24, 2009

The pages of a closed book ruffle again

"Phir usi bewafa pe marte hai,
Phir wohi zindagi hamaari hai"

The pages of a closed book rustle again,
Someone calls, who I had long ago forgotten,
A wind that had long ago died awakens,
My heart suddenly skips a beat.

Its her again,my heart moans,
Cruel crusher of love,
Heartless destroyer of a poet's heart,
And a brazen pretender as if nothing happened.

I spent years forgetting her,
Telling myself each day its all over,
Till I myself grew blind to the realities,
But someone returns from the past,
Destroying the calm,still the same heartbreaker as ever,
And I suddenly despair on realizing,
Love even if one-sided,never dies,
And she will haunt me forever

3 comments:

heenad said...

sad man. love it

Ashraf's Pen said...

;) Not much I can say

Mr. Backup said...

if i had a penny for each time i have thot these words.. id be the richest man alive... sigh...

guess best frnds have more in common than appears to the eye..