Friday, January 30, 2009

3 years, 148 posts and counting

So as the month of January draws to a close, I celebrate the third anniversary of my blog. Its been 36 months of intermittent blogging.

In all I have exact 148 published posts which comes down to just under one post a week. Not bad at all.

I had very few readers back then and I still have very few readers now. Some people stumble onto the block now and then.

Anyway I also had to honour a few readers. Actually just one to be precise. Heena (not sure of a surname. Goes by Life of Pi also), runs away with the awards for the best reader, most consistent commenter and also the yearly achievement award for hanging onto the blog despite the fact I take regular arbitrarily long breaks from blogs. So many others have come but they mostly wander off. Sakhee shows some promise but that only time will tell. We give her the best newcomer award.

Anyway I will again state what I have already written so many times earlier " that writing is an escape". This blog has allowed me the escape from the mundane, been a vent for so many of the frustrations , a blank paper where I imagine my dreams ,shape my hopes and ambitions but most of all has been a place where I have at times shared stuff that few people I know. I feel my secrets are safe because the person who labours and reads the post deserves the occasional secrets he/she comes across.

To the rare person who will come across this post randomly or otherwise, thanks for being here.

Come back some time again and you just might enjoy a bit.

toodles

3 comments:

heenad said...

hahahahahah. Hilarious!! I would like to thank you for bestowing this honor on me. This would not have been possible without the internet and blogger. So special thanks to them as well.

In all earnest, you have a great blog and write about a lot of relevant issues. hte most positive way to increase readership is to comment on others blogs and thats where the communication starts. im always a little lazy to do that and blurk a lot.

so blog on and looking forward to reading more! =)

SD said...

Thank you,
I take this opportunity to thank my parents, my brother, my pets and all those ppl whose showed faith in my abilities and specially to the jury(Mr Ashraf) who has showed immense faith in my articles and content and bestowed upon me the title and award of the best newcomer in this Big, bad and talented world of blogosphere.

Thanks again:D

But yes, truly, keep writing and unleashing the plethora of views u have. Also for the fact that u helped me realise in whatever little way that I was good with articles..
Rock on..

Ashraf's Pen said...

@life of pi
Thanks for the praise. The day I decide I need membership will start commenting on others. RIght now I smile and say at least two three ppl visit.
As a writer I am used to poor audiences.

@Sakhee. Nice acceptance speech. Will keep writing.
U do write well.
And yes I remember how I forced to write an article for the mag.But in the end even I was taken back by the final sparkling article