Friday, April 27, 2007

THE CALM

Frankly the poet learnt he could write prose and forgot about verse.
Thats me.
Now this is a new poem that I have penned.

In fact its quite rare me writing and completing a poetry in the last couple of years. TO put it in the right perspective I wrote 80+ poems when I first started penning poetry and have written just four-five in the next six years.

So enjoy it and let me know.

THE CALM

I look inside and I find darkness,
I look outside only to find the aftermath of a storm,
Deserted flotsam littered shores, an eerie calm in my heart

Written on the spur of the moment,
This is poetry unplugged,
Lines penned before the night takes them away forever.

I wake up to find it all lost,
Broken hazy visions of a long night,
Only some holes patched by the written words.

The fever plagues me now,
De-addiction symptoms from her or maladies unknown,
Can’t really step across the line and let you know!

Seldom does poetry not rhyme,
Broken verse seldom makes a song,
A banshee’s wail shatters the uneasy calm.

Syed Ashraf Husain

No comments: