Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Edge





I shall walk to the edge of the cliff,
Muse and stare deep into the chasm,
And maybe for the first time I will shout out loud,
In the darkness that rises from the abyss,
Your name and the songs of your beauty.


The pilgrim cannot walk forever through the desert,
The wanderer will sometimes come back to a familiar place,
Sounds of glee ripple in deserted buildings too,
And as the same story repeats through all of history,
The ill in love sometimes shout the beloveds name.


As I travel through a city of strangers,

Of closed doors and windows with dark shades,
In the silence and desolation of the abyss,

I will shout out your name in the wilderness,

Again and again like a madman incarnate,
And maybe the sounds will drag away with them,

All my emotions and the intoxication of your name.

For all of humanity it’s the curse of Adam and Eve,

For as they were banished from the gardens of heaven,
It seemed God also sent along his wrath till the end of time,
A hundred emotions of joy but a thousand flavours of misery,
And even today when a man wakes up drowning in the blues,

Its the curse of Adam and Eve coursing through his every breath

As I stare into the abyss of dark emotions,

And as the abyss stares back at me,
Maybe for once I could see eye to eye ,

With twisted fate and the paradox of desire’s,

And the poet in me could just laugh and laugh,
At the vagaries of time.

By Ace

PS- I wrote this poetry sometime back inspired by the darkness of a dark dark day. I experimented with an alternating style where stanza's alternate between a macro and micro picture. Example the first stanza is about me but the next one talks in general of philosophy

No comments: