Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Darkness at the fringes

So today was a dark dark day.

Things kept adding on till finally I felt like running away from it all.

And now as I sit in my flat I feel the storm in my emotions.Its like sailing through a sea where each wave is larger than the last and finally at the back of the mind comes a thought as to when it ends.

The day paradoxically begins on a pleasant note. There was nothing odd. But it became one of those days where things kept going a bit wrong. Late to work, even late to swipe in, the struts code seeming so alien. And it all added to a dark dark mood.

Then the moment I got home ended up in a war of the words with our house-owner. I dont shirk away from conflicts but that just wasn't the time.

So I wonder how do we know we are in the right place,the right job. Its a tough thought but we must have a job that we forever enjoy.

And the day you just feel like running away from it all, what do you do?I used flexible timings choice to return in six hours instead of 9.25 hours but what if it was not there.

2 comments:

heenad said...

"So I wonder how do we know we are in the right place,the right job"

- most people never know and its coz we are risk averse rather than risk taking.

and its perfectly okay to have some down days.

Ashraf's Pen said...

Yup we are risk averse than risk taking. Yet is it worthwhile to be in that unsatisfactory job for years.

As for down days, yes they are alright as long as they are few and far in between