Monday, November 26, 2007

Update

So I have not posted for long.

I know the excuse is pathetic but the fact is my internet connection was down.

And I was not really in the mood to go to a cyber-cafe and blog. Beyond the obvious ,let me confess that I was procrastinating big time.

Well all good things must end.

SO how have things been? Boring as usual.

Last year of engineering is indeed a farce. After being placed one seriously does not feel like studying. I just hope I can get myself to study for my semester exams which are to be held in December. Dont really want the infamy of a backlog.

Anyway looking at the bigger picture I recently sat for the C.A.T.(Common Aptitude Test) for admission to the IIMs. And I managed to kind of blow it. The paper was easy but tension got the better of me and I managed to mistime the paper. But the world is still there and if I dont clear the sectional cut-off this year I shall try again next year and hopefully ace it then.

I have made my choice and I shall be moving towards the MBA stream rather than M.S. Its hard to explain why but the main tilting point was the fact that I think an MBA would lead me to more opportunities of leadership and creativity.

Btw have a SOP to write for FMS and I only have a day. The evils of delaying till the last moment.

2 comments:

heenad said...

MBA is a whole lot of fluff, but then again so is upper management*. =)

*This is the sole opinion of Pi and should not be construed as the biblical truth

Ashraf's Pen said...

Well I had to make a choice and I relaized only an MBA would give me the legitimacy I needed.

As an article I once read said "the only benefit of an MBA is that u start higher up the corporate ladder".

So be it.