Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Initiative must come from wihin

This is an interesting article I read about mosques being able to regulate themselves. Click to read the whole story. I think it is quite a positive step.

I have always beleived mosques can be used to spread a better message, not just within muslim communities but also outside. The hearts and mind can be won with a concerted effort. What plagues Islam is bad P.R. !

Anyway the best thing is the initiative has come from within. Its muslims who must realize the chaos we are in-both as individuals and as a group and make amends.

2 comments:

heenad said...

this is the line! "What plagues Islam is a bad PR" - So so so true. The assistant at my firm is shocked that I come from the Middle East and I can speak English and I am Muslim and sitll am so normal.(well at least subjectively ) =)

Ashraf's Pen said...

The problem is that there is a beleif permeating the world that Islam is BAD.

Even those who call themselves liberal in many places believe that if one is a practicing Muslim,he/she is in someway a supporter of terrorism and basically incompatible with democratic society.

I dislike such tags.

There are so many wonderful Muslim intellectuals on the net (You are a good example yourself).

But the world would sooner believe we are all a farce than accept we exist.