Saturday, February 24, 2007

VOICE OF THE PRINCE TURNED PAUPER

VOICE OF THE PRINCE TURNED PAUPER

A thousand lights, a thousands hues
I saw my shadows through a hazy light
I questioned things as they were,
I took on life as it came.

Now all that is enshrined in the past,
The lights have long burnt out ,
The hues have all merged with the mud,
But I still think of those times.

It was a beautiful time ,
And I was the king of my Castle,
As i had nothing to look up to,
For the stars had descended from the skies.

No one knows what fun I had,
No one knows what luck I had,
All they see is the way I live,
Not realising how I once lived.

The past is stuffed to the brim,
With things that have long been dead,
And now I am the beggar in my castle,
For I have lived with things that never changed.

I am a stranger to all those around ,
A mystery to all those close to me,
But in my dreams, all through the night ,
I see a thousand lights, a thousand hues .

BY- SYED ASHRAF HUSAIN

This is another of my poems from the past. Its pretty dated so dont jump to conclusions....

No comments: