Friday, February 16, 2007

AGE ISSUES

Finally a big mystery has been solved. The other day I did what I seldom do-check my own profile on blogger.

Even though I have seen a lot of strange things on the net ,I was not prepared for what I got. In my age on the profile I was listed as 251 years old. Now first thing on my mind was that this is some joke because the server should see the age as invalid.

But I was in a hurry with no time to search around as to how to correct it, so I let it be. After all if I was 251 year old for some months ,I could probably be 251 years for some more weeks.

However being able to vaguely remember seeing my profile on some now lost date in the past ,I was curious as to when and how did I get such an unbelievable age.

So as the faithful engineering student I put it up on my list of things to do. And procrastination set in.
Finally the other day while I was tinkering around with the blog I decided to correct the error. First of all took me ages to find the correct location. Was wandering around blog settings while profile was a tiny link on the dash-board.

I had initially assumed that perhaps age was a fixed value in the profile but imagine my surprise when I found it was a derived attribute with Date of Birth as source. And ladies and gentlemen I had a d.o.b. of 1 JULY 1756.

Initially I was tempted to let it be. After all I was probably the oldest person in the history of mankind (humankind to be more politically correct) according to blogger and google. But then all those efforts for nothing would have been a waste, so tragically now I am again 21 years old.

On an autopsy of the problem I realized that most probably the error crept in when I switched to blogger beta and since I had never entered my date of birth it was automatically initialized to 1756. But I still think the server should have been intelligent. Anyway thats all for now.

Signing off

2 comments:

heenad said...

"So as the faithful engineering student I put it up on my list of things to do" - LOL, well said. But in my case, im so lazy if this were to happen to me it would remain on my list.

Ashraf's Pen said...

Trust me it I took a long long time finally doing it.

ANd lots of things remain on my list undone as usual.

Like posting more frequently