Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another Sem Passes

Another Semester has passed.

And wow what a sem this has been.

Its been good and it's been bad. So a mixed sem as such.

But there is only one undeniable thing about this sem-it was over in a wink. Am still surprised it's over.

It was mixed as at times I had the time of my life and there were days where loneliness and emptiness nearly made me loose my sanity.

"Loneliness and emptiness"- surprising words especially esp for people who know my life at least from the outside. Many batchmates, juniors and even seniors have at different time come up to me and confessed that they ENVY MY LIFESTYLE. They can only see the outer facade of me being there everywhere, part of the mag board , talking to gals etc.

But the emptiness is felt at the end of the day when there is no one around. I am indeed living a good life but something's absence or presence makes it all worthless. I wish I could figure out what the void is all about.

Too much of melodramatic talk. I think I will move on. Frankly this sem I had a lot of fun with and without the mag board.

Had two rocking treats at "Sheesha's" and "Bashos". PURE FUN. It's been a pure ecstacy being there and enjoying myself. But if there was fun then we had work being done too. And Mag Board is about that 50-50 mixture of fun and work.

A lot of stuff was done this sem. We worked on a recruitment brochure for the college which sadly has not yet seen the light of the day, had a successful treasure hunt, had a notice board and most of all Published the first edition of the "eMAGe", the Mag Board at AIT e-letter. And I am proud of it all.

In acads me and my project partner decided not to pursue the AI paper this sem, so had a chill out sem. Not much action there actually but so what.

Anyway I guess I covered a lot of ground. Time to cease the typing.

Bye

Ashraf's log saturday 14th Oct 4:00 am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The grass is always green on the other side"
This is wat I would like to say for the ppl who envy ur lifestyle.
But its not their fault, as no one can understand u as better as u urself...
The emptiness u r talking abt
, may be, is present in everyone's life... no one is fully satisfied with what one has...

Therz no doubt that you have done a great job this semester...
And this should be continued in the PLs too
So study hard....
n most importantly - Enjoy studying hard.....

Good Luck !



......uzma