Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jung Test Results

So I analyzed my jung test results



Jung Test Results
Extroverted (E) 62.16% Introverted (I) 37.84%
Intuitive (N) 67.57% Sensing (S) 32.43%
Thinking (T) 54.55% Feeling (F) 45.45%
Perceiving (P) 68.57% Judging (J) 31.43%


Your type is: ENTP


ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Nonconformist
and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.


SELF ANALYSIS
To analyze the results, I will pull up two of the most analytical paragraphs I wrote about myself about 4 months back.
The first paragraph is,“A poet at heart yet a writer of prose by choice; an introvert who broke his shackles and now loves debates, discussions, etc.; a technology enthusiast who wanted to do an M.Tech. but realized the tug of an MBA was stronger. Yes, these and many other contradictions summarize me as an individual.”
You see I am all these seemingly contradictory things and and much more. I say seemingly contradictory for a reason. Someone may look at these things and say this guy is totally random and
these are disconnected things. But I am a whole individual with all these differences smoothened over.


I love to be involved in things. I have been involved with the Magazine board in my school and college. By the end of engineering , I was a strong communicator but once I started working I have been involved with and am a member of Toastmasters International which is a public speaking and leadership club. I believe if I am good at anything I should be better at it. I initially wrote poems in English but I have learnt only when we stretch ourselves do we realize where our strength lies. So I
have written Ghazals in Urdu, dabbled with Haiku and basically tried my hand at whatever I wanted to do. I learnt to cook, failed at learning classical music when my teacher after six months pronounced me untrainable and look forward to trying to draw- a skill I have never been good at.


The second paragraph is , “My career goals are linked to my passions and interests as I want to be passionate about whatever I do. For the next 5-10 years,I would like to work in the corporate world handling challenging tasks, preferably in the risk management and strategic planning domain.


Alongside I want to never stop writing and also work towards becoming a professional motivational speaker. I also want to contribute positively to the society by working with children from
disadvantaged backgrounds.”


I like to be passionate about what I do and all my life I want to be passionate about things around me whether it be work or pleasure. My project manager in a feedback said that I have a childlike
enthusiasm for things which I must guard.


In fact the lines that scare me is a couplet from Urdu poetry,
‘Gham ho ya khushi dono, pal do pal ke saathi hain,
Phir rasta hee rasta hai, na hasna hai na rona hai’
Translated as ‘Grief and joy both are just companion for a short moment in life,
After that there is only the never ending travel with no emotions anywhere’
I don’t want to wake up and realize I am doing a job just to pay off the mortgage or pay for the kids education. I want to have shades of all the hues in the world around me.

No comments: