Monday, March 5, 2007

Happy Holi

Happy Holi to everyone.

Hey everyone happy holi. Hope u got drenched in colours. As for me I got drenched in freezing water at two at night. Brrrr

Anyway sadly I don't much like the colour business especially the hidden dark layer where guys rub colour on girls mostly as to 'feel' them. And I assure you this is true. To me the whole act is far too perverted for comfort and the whole day I remained in my hostel room and consciously did not go to the basketball field where many of my college gals did come for holi in the morning.

The act has been more of a moral quandry than anything else. An acquaintance gave me an interesting perspective 'the gals also enjoy it, else why would they come'. I am not sure where I stand. I only know one thing that I choose not to go today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cmon dont be so cynical.i have never played holi. coz ive never had the opportunity to.but im sure most of the people genuinely just want to enjoy the tradition and arent so twisted.

Ashraf's Pen said...

Cynical.... Now thats something to wonder about.

Anyway the point is you got me wrong. Its not like the perverted behaviour is everywhere. Especially in families and friend it would be more innocent. But this is a college and trust me it is true to a large extent here.

This may not be valid throughout but even if by a conservative estimate the no. of such people is 12 % then its muddies the whole affair. The minority of such people sullen the whole day.